Hieda training – Health promotion
27th April 2023 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Date: Thursday 27th April
- Time: 13:30 – 16:30
- Venue: Zoom (online)
- Healthcare professionals, medical providers and those with a responsibility for promoting health and wellbeing in the workplace.
The aim of this course is to identify and discuss areas where health promotion can be taught and supported in the educational setting or workplace.
A variety of topics will be discussed such as healthy eating and body checks. We will explore the resources available and decide how this education can be disseminated in your workplace.
Training topics will include:
- Why promote health and wellbeing in the workplace
- What topics should we promote?
- Tools of the trade: resources
- Creating a healthier workforce: how to implement
- The learner will understand the benefits of promoting health and wellbeing and be able to explain why this is a positive step
- To be knowledgeable about a wide range of topics that could support an employee’s health
- To have a wide range of resources available to them
- To create a health promotion plan for their workplace
Jane Graham, Director, Hieda
Trained at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, Jane has 32 years of nursing background, 17 of them in trauma and intensive care. Whilst in PICU, she had a number of different roles. Nine years of that included a role as a specialist retrieval nurse (CATS) that entailed travelling around the country to stabilise and bring back critically unstable children. To do this she learned advanced nursing and basic medical skills in resuscitation, all medical conditions, and trauma.
She went on to teach these skills to student nurses, qualified nurses and junior doctors as the Practice educator on intensive care. This role also involved lecturing regularly at South Bank University. She has been a DSL for Safeguarding at an independent boarding school where she was Lead Nurse. She is also an instructor for Qualsafe, an awarding body approved by the HSE. She is currently the director of Hieda and director of health and wellbeing for the BSA Group.
- Member Rate: £100
- Non-member Rate: £200*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.