9th June 2022 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Healthcare professionals, medical providers, and those with a responsibility for medical provision in the education setting.
This course looks at a variety of areas of school nursing that can be worrisome.
Training topics will include
- Supervision and mentoring
- Appraisals, CPD and revalidation
- Managing poor performance and inspiring your team.
- Developing a medical centre
- Maintaining high standards of clinical care
- To gain confidence in non-clinical areas of nursing
- To have an understand and knowledge of the medical standards required in the school setting
- To create and action plan to ease your angst.
Jane Graham, Director, Hieda
Trained at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, Jane has 31 years of nursing background; 17 of which is in trauma and intensive care. Whilst in PICU, she had a number of different roles. Nine years of that included a role as a specialist retrieval nurse (CATS) that entailed travelling around the country to stabilize and bring back critically unstable children. To do this she learned advanced nursing and basic medical skills in resuscitation, all medical conditions, and trauma.
She went on to teach these skills to student nurses, qualified nurses and junior doctors as the Practice educator on intensive care. This role also involved lecturing regularly at South Bank University. She has been a DSL for Safeguarding at an independent boarding school where she was Lead Nurse. She is also an instructor for Qualsafe, an awarding body approved by the HSE.
- Member rate: £135
- Non-member rate: £270*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.