Hieda day seminar – Suicide First Aid
15th May 2023 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Date: Monday 15th May 2023
- Time: 10:30 – 15.30
- Venue: Zoom (online)
- Healthcare professionals and medical providers, safeguarding teams and anyone caring for a person struggling with their mental health
Suicide is a coping strategy for sever mental illness that is difficult to manage. Since covid the world has been more open to the concept of suicide and strives to put in place support and strategies to those struggling. This course aim to address the concept and looks closely at what we can do to help and what could be in place to prevent this happening in the first place
Training topics will include:
- What is suicide
- What does suicide first aid look like
- Resources and Strategies to support
- Documentation and the process in the workplace
- To understand and be knowledgeable about suicide
- To be knowledgeable of how to support a team member
- To understand what is required of a suicide first aider
- To be able to advice and support others within the guidance
The Charlie Waller trust
Jane Graham, Director, Hieda
Trained at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, Jane has 32 years of nursing background, 17 of them in trauma and intensive care. Whilst in PICU, she had a number of different roles. Nine years of that included a role as a specialist retrieval nurse (CATS) that entailed travelling around the country to stabilise and bring back critically unstable children. To do this she learned advanced nursing and basic medical skills in resuscitation, all medical conditions, and trauma.
She went on to teach these skills to student nurses, qualified nurses and junior doctors as the Practice educator on intensive care. This role also involved lecturing regularly at South Bank University. She has been a DSL for Safeguarding at an independent boarding school where she was Lead Nurse. She is also an instructor for Qualsafe, an awarding body approved by the HSE. She is currently the director of Hieda and director of health and wellbeing for the BSA Group.
- Member Rate: £145
- Non-member Rate: £290*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.