The developing child
20th May 2022 @ 10:30 am - 3:00 pm
Healthcare professionals, medical providers and those with a responsibility for caring for the health and wellbeing of a young person.
This course looks at the different stages of child development both physically and mentally. It will aim to give the holder knowledge and understanding of the growth so that minor aches pains, emotion and behaviour changes can be better understood.
Training topics will include
- Pre-school (age groups)- nature vs nurture
- Infant school (age groups)
- Primary School (age groups)
- Secondary School (age groups)- teenage angst
- The psychology about growth and development
- The influences of society and culture
- Knowledge and understanding of the main stages of a child and young person’s development
- Understanding the influences that effect a young person’s development
- Understanding the potential effects of transitions on a young person’s development.
Jane Graham, Director, Hieda
Trained at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, Jane has 31 years of nursing background; 17 of which is in trauma and intensive care. Whilst in PICU, she had a number of different roles. Nine years of that included a role as a specialist retrieval nurse (CATS) that entailed travelling around the country to stabilize and bring back critically unstable children. To do this she learned advanced nursing and basic medical skills in resuscitation, all medical conditions, and trauma.
She went on to teach these skills to student nurses, qualified nurses and junior doctors as the Practice educator on intensive care. This role also involved lecturing regularly at South Bank University. She has been a DSL for Safeguarding at an independent boarding school where she was Lead Nurse. She is also an instructor for Qualsafe, an awarding body approved by the HSE.
- Member rate: £135
- Non-member rate: £270*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.