- This event has passed.
Combined Emergency First Aid at Work
5th June 2023 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Date: 5 June 2023
- Time: 09:00 – 16:00
- Venue: St Teresa’s Effingham
- Those caring for adults or children who have a first aid responsibility
- Those who have an Ofsted/HSE requirement for first aid provision
- Those who have never completed a first aid certificate before.
New Combined First Aid Qualification
QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
This course is approved by Qualsafe Awards, an Ofqual recognised awarding organisation. The course covers the practical skills needed by first aiders to competently deal with situations that require a high level of first aid or where there are responsible for people who have existing medical conditions.
There is a maximum of 12 candidates per course. This is an open course; however, courses can be booked at your venue on a date of your choice for just your staff. Contact us for details.
Training topics will include:
- Role of first aider
- Managing an emergency including after-care
- Basic life support for adults children and babies
- Choking in adults children and babies
- The recovery position and secondary survey
- Wound management and managing catastrophic bleeding
- Shock – including bleeding
- Health and safety regulations
- Treating the unconscious casualty
- First aid kits
- Use of the defibrillator
- Certified for three years with a Level 3 award in paediatric or emergency First Aid at Work (QCF), which meets the requirements of the First Aid Health and Safety Regulations 1981
- To be able to preserve life, promote recovery and prevent situations from worsening
- To be able to assess manage and treat a wide range of accidents and illnesses
- Member Rate (individual): £80/ Non-member: £160*
- Member Rate (group of 12): Member: £720/ Non-member: £1,440*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.
Trainer: Ray Papps
For the past 30 years Ray has been running First Aid and (NPLQ) Pool Lifeguard Course Both Training and assisting. Working for many companies and organisations ensuring they have qualified First Aiders in the work place. This has been accomplished by training courses which are informative and appropriate to the specific needs of each company or organisation. As stated by law, it is the responsibility of all employers to ensure appropriate training, facilities and the provision of first aid.