The Health in Education Association (Hieda) champions excellence in health and wellbeing education in schools, colleges, universities and workplaces.
Boris Johnson said in April 2021 about the country needing a nurse in every school to support medical needs. We believe workplaces would benefit from having medical support in all businesses, not just the education system.
Every workplace has someone who needs to manage first aid, but often there may be more knowledge required to manage many other medical conditions, epilepsy for example, and of course, the thing everyone is talking about: mental health.
Our aim is to provide training and support to members on all health and wellbeing matters and we are dedicated to the health promotion of all age groups. We work with and for our members to share knowledge and best practice whilst championing excellence in health and wellbeing provision in the workplace.
Hieda provides training and education on a wide variety of medical issues, delivered by healthcare professionals who are experts in their field. Anyone can access Hieda’s training but should you decide to become a member, you will benefit from discounted CPD as well as a wealth of other resources and support including:
- Telephone and email support service
- Forums for school nurses, healthcare professionals, and for non-medical personnel who have a responsibility for health and wellbeing
- Many environments have an inspection element to their workplace (e.g. schools and care homes). We support these environments with pre-inspection checks and advice
- Development reviews and consultancies
- News and latest health and wellbeing updates
- Employment opportunities
- Advice service
- Policy and compliance support
- Further education for CPD and development.