- This event has passed.
HIEDA/BSA day seminar – Medical essentials for new boarding staff
27th November 2023 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Date: 27 November 2023
- Time: 10:30 – 15:30
- Venue: Zoom (online) – day seminar
Staff new to a role in a boarding house
Experienced boarding staff who feel they need a refresher in this area
The aim of the training is to provide information for staff who are new to the boarding environment which will enable them to understand their role in caring for boarders with medical needs. There is often concern regarding the actions to be taken in specific circumstances. This course aims to provide the background to guidelines, including from an inspection perspective, and instil confidence.
Delegates will be able to network with colleagues from other schools who are also new to their role.
Training topics will include:
- Duty of care – what does it mean and how do we ensure we implement it?
- Implementing Inspection Guidelines
- Common scenarios and how to approach them
- To be able to support children with medical needs in the boarding environment
- To understand, and implement, the guidance set out in the NMS
- To understand how to keep children safe in some common scenarios.
- Member Rate: £155
- Affiliate Member Delegate Fee: £230
- Non-member Rate: £310*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.
Rosie McManus RSCN, Dip HR (Child), BSc (Hons), MSc (Law), Nurse Advisor, HIEDA
Trained at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children Rosie came to school nursing in the independent sector 16 years ago. With a passion for boarding pastoral and health care Rosie has developed an interest in the understanding and development of the health needs of boarding school students. Passionate about the nurse’s role in the delivery of the PSHE curriculum, Rosie is currently the Head of Boarding at St John’s College School, she has a Masters in Medical Ethics and Law, is a NUCO trainer and has a keen interest in the development of the school nurse role.