- This event has passed.
1st November 2023 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Date: 01 November 2023
- Time: 11:00 – 12:00
- Venue: Zoom (online) – webinar
Audience School Nurses, Matrons, Pastoral Staff, Houseparents
Meningitis is a very serious and life-threatening illnesses. It is vital that concerns are responded to very quickly. This webinar raises awareness of symptoms and what to do if you suspect a meningitis case.
Training topics will include:
- The causes and symptoms of meningitis
- Raising awareness of the symptoms across your community
- Immediate actions to take, and when to get help
- Understand the importance of vaccination
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of meningitis
- Understand what to do in the event of a suspected case.
- Member Rate: £65
- Additional Full Member Fee: £30
- Non-member Rate: £130*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.
Claire Donovan, Helpline and Information Manager at Meningitis Now
Claire is the Helpline and Information Manager at Meningitis Now. She has over 25yrs experience working as a nurse and midwife in the NHS. Over the past 15yrs, she has used her nursing experiencing in the charity sector.
She has many areas of responsibility which cover support and information provision. She manages the nurse-led helpline and the Rebuilding Futures Fund providing support to those struggling with the impact of meningitis. She ensures all disease information is accurate and manage our scientific research portfolio. She is also the safeguarding lead for the charity.
In her spare time, she enjoys walking and trips away in her little pop top caravan.