PSHE and SRE for school nurses
21 May @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Venue: Zoom (online) – 1/2 day seminar
- Healthcare professionals, medical providers who have a responsibility of teaching PSHE and SRE (sex and relationship education) in the education setting, and any other practitioners who are non-teachers who have responsibility for this training.
“The how to guide for teaching SRE and PSHE”. This course helps the holder learn about and develop skills to teach PSHE and SRE in the education setting. It addresses primary and secondary lessons and explores topics and resources to help the holder deliver up to date and meaningful education.
Training topics will include:
- What to teach at what age
- Contraception choices
- To learn a wide range of strategies to improve teaching these topics
- To be confident in teaching different age groups, genders and ability
- To have the skills to develop resources to support teaching.
- HIEDA Member Rate: £110
- Non-member Rate: £220*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.
Rosie McManus RSCN, Dip HR (Child), BSc (Hons), MSc (Law), Head of Boarding, St John’s College School
Trained at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children Rosie came to school nursing in the independent sector 16 years ago. With a passion for boarding pastoral and health care Rosie has developed an interest in the understanding and development of the health needs of boarding school students. Passionate about the nurse’s role in the delivery of the PSHE curriculum, Rosie is currently the Head of Boarding at St John’s College School, she has a Masters in Medical Ethics and Law, is a NUCO trainer and has a keen interest in the development of the school nurse role.