Working with the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Lead to embed equality, diversity, and inclusion.
To provide specialist advice and guidance to colleagues and help shape and deliver on specific equality and inclusion projects and initiatives.
To work with management, colleagues, employee networks/working groups to identify needs, best practice solutions and meaningful actions to promote greater inclusion and wellbeing for all colleagues.
To provide specialist support and practical advice, guidance and support to caseworkers and managers on a range of equality and diversity issues to help them progress specific casework and to ensure PHSO provide an inclusive and accessible service that meets the diverse needs of its users and stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of PHSO’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) strategy and People strategy, and provide a high quality specialist advice to colleagues
- Work in partnership with Human Resources Business Partners to support the wellbeing agenda
- Provide support for Diversity Steering Group, associated papers and group discussion
- Provide support, advice, and guidance to Operations on specific casework activities regarding best practice in approaching equality, diversity, and human rights issues
- Coordinate the creation and management of delivering the inclusion and wellbeing calendar of events and communications/promotion calendar
- Manage key benchmarking exercises and submissions e.g., Social Mobility Index and Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, award submissions (CIPD)
- Complete analysis of diversity data to understand the company’s EDI challenges and identify root causes and seek opportunities to address areas of under-representation
- Support organisational projects, providing advice to individuals regarding impact assessments and ED&I considerations
- Work with Learning and Development to develop training and support to ensure best practice in inclusion and wellbeing
The successful applicant
- Demonstrate knowledge of equalities legislation and statutory responsibilities
- Experience of delivering against a strategy and associated actions while recognising the needs of different groups in an organisation
- Knowledge and experience of research methodologies and applying those in a practical field
- Experience communicating with all levels of the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
- Experience of using a variety of written styles and content for a wide range of audiences
- Analytical skills to be able to analyse complex material and identify and summarise key issues
- Ability to influence others including those outside of your direct working relationships, working collaboratively and applying feedback
- Strong motivational skills
- Good planning and organisational skills, with ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience of researching and applying best practice approaches within a business to promote and facilitate organisational improvement
- IT literate
- An awareness of publication administration (central government or the NHS)
- Other qualifications related to the field for example, coaching, mentoring, training
- Working in a fast-paced, customer focused environment
- Experience of complaint handling and report writing
What’s on Offer
- Civil Service Pension scheme (minimum 26.6% employer contribution)
- 30-day holiday entitlement, plus 2.5 extra statutory holidays on top
- Flexitime: Core hours between 10.00-12.00 and 14.00-16.00
- Extra 2 days of Flexi-leave each month for additional hours that have been accrued
- Access to a wide variety of internal and external wellbeing support, 24/7 assistance programmes and health advice
PHSO is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), and welcomes applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds. They are also a Disability Confident organisation.
Should you wish to access the Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) or require any reasonable adjustments through the process please contact the lead recruiter to discuss your needs before the advert closes.
Interviews will be held on 3 and 4 August and will include a presentation.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply
To apply, please submit an up-to-date CV detailing your experience that best fits the essential criteria outlined above by 10am 27 July 2022.
For more information: Wellbeing Jobs – 2022 | Indeed.com