ACS Cobham are looking for a part time School Nurse to join their team. The role will provide a high standard of first aid care within NMC guidelines to students, faculty, staff and visitors while on campus in accordance with accepted principles of practice and established policies and procedures.
The shift patterns are as follows:
Wednesday 8am – 4pm
Thursday 8am – 6pm
Friday 8am – 4pm
• Determines whether a student needs to be excused or return to class when feeling unwell, with a strong emphasis on remaining in school
• Contacts parents in a timely manner once a decision has been made to send a student home
• Informs and advises parents when a referral to a GP or other professional is required
• Provides continuing care for pupils with chronic medical conditions in consultation with their medical advisors
• Shares findings with the school counsellors in line with ACS Child Protection and Safeguarding policy
• Provides a responsive ‘call out’ service for all emergencies on campus and request emergency services where appropriate
• Provides and maintain first aid kits on school premises
• Provides appropriate first aid kits and trip medication kits for field trips, adjusting contents according to grade level, activity and length of time away from campus
• Arranges a schedule of vaccination dates and timetables.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required:
• A Registered General Nursing qualification RGN/RSCN
• Current NMC registration and member of RCN
• Minimum 3 years post registration experience in nursing preferably with experience of school nursing, health visiting or practice nursing
• Must be organised and be able to demonstrate that is able to work autonomously
• Understands and respects the school’s lines of communication
• Good interpersonal skills and professional confidence
• Works well as a team and independently
• Computer literate, excellent record keeping and good organisational skills are vital to this role.
ACS is committed to inclusion across race, gender, faith, identity and abilities. We believe that diversity helps us to fulfil our purpose, realise our vision and exemplify our values. ACS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
For more details and to apply please visit: