Job Reference: J196-A-22-2303
- Dorking Healthcare Limited
- Talking Therapies
- £25,654 pa (pro rata for part time)
Do you share our passion for great patient care and making a difference? Do you want career opportunities?
DHC Talking Therapies is recruiting for qualified, newly qualified or those soon to qualify as Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners to join our successful IAPT team.
About the role
You will join an established, experienced and well supported team working to maintain DHC Talking Therapies excellent reputation within our local Surrey catchment areas. You will be providing high volume low intensity interventions, and supporting clients journey from referral to discharge. You will have the opportunity to develop your clinical, administrative and leadership skills depending on your career goals, for example supporting trainee PWP clinical skills, providing buddy support for trainee PWPs, and building relationships with other services as part of a champion role. You will also have access to clinical supervision and line management support.
DHC Talking Therapies is a patient focused and pro-active community-based provider with strong links to both GPs and our colleagues in DHC’s physical health services. We have a strong commitment to delivering high quality community-oriented services, and to working in partnership with service users, carers, health and social care agencies and voluntary agencies.
We are a dynamic, supportive and creative service, providing a high level of training and supervision to clinical practitioners at all levels. We also have an excellent reputation for providing a quality and well run service which is achieving great recovery rates.
Working within our IAPT service, which includes both virtual and on site therapists. For this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A qualification from an adult IAPT low intensity course for PWPs, accredited by the BPS.
- Experience of completing assessments and low intensity interventions with people who have experienced a mental health difficulties, preferably in primary care.
- Have a suitable and safe working environment to work from home.
- Skills to manage your own workload under pressure and meet agreed targets.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and develop a good rapport with colleagues and clients.
- A positive attitude and the commitment to support the mental health and wellbeing of Surrey residents.
Why work at DHC Talking Therapies?:
- We have an excellent reputation for a quality and well run service with great recovery rates as well as great Clinical supervision and CPD.
- You will have the opportunity to have a mix of virtual work, including face to face, video/telephone, group and computerised CBT appointments across your week.
- You will be part of a supportive and experienced team, covering a range of modalities, who value staff wellbeing and development.
- We have a strong commitment to delivering high quality community-oriented services, and to working in partnership with service users, carers, health and social care agencies and voluntary agencies.
- We offer high level case management, clinical skills and group supervision, as well as regular line management, daily duty support and excellent CPD opportunities (e.g. LTC top up training, supervision training).
- You will be fully supported to pursue skills development and career progression, and we offer a range of opportunities within and outside of the PWP role.
- You will have the opportunity to lead on a champion role to support your colleagues and increases access to communities less likely to access the service.
- We understand that work life balance is important, therefore there is opportunity for an agreed flexible working pattern.
- You will have 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus bank holidays and opportunity to be part of the NHS pension scheme.
The successful candidates will join an established, experienced and well supported team working to maintain DHC IAPT Service’s excellent reputation within our local Surrey catchment areas.
We appreciate that the right person might have their own requirements for the role and are therefore, happy to accept applications that are full-time or part-time.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order (as amended) and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Tier 2/skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2/skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement.
For further advice, please visit Applying from overseas.
For more information, or to apply, please click here.
|To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.|