26 April @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Venue: Zoom (online) – day seminar
Audience: Pastoral Leaders, Houseparents, School Nurses
20% of all allergic reactions happen at school. Awareness around causes of allergic reactions, reducing risk and the actions to take when faced with an emergency can save a life. This course covers a range of topics that will inform and support those engaged in a role that may involve supporting a young person with allergies.
Training topics will include:
- Best practice in allergy management
- The most common causes of allergic reactions
- The law surrounding allergies and the administration of medicines
- Reducing the risk of allergic reactions
- Actions to take when someone is experiencing an allergic reaction
- An understanding of strategies to create an environment that reduces the risk of allergic reactions
- Recognition of the causes of allergic reactions
- A clear action plan for how to help a young person suffering an allergic reaction
- Member Rate: £155
- Non-member Rate: £310*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.
Emily is the former Sister in Charge of the Health Centre at Taunton School, Somerset (left Dec ’23) where she had led the team for over 7 years. Previously she worked in a smaller prep school in Somerset.
Emily graduated from The Queen’s University of Belfast as a paediatric nurse and worked in many clinical settings before moving across to the Independant school nursing sector.
Emily is passionate about independent school nursing, encouraging and facilitating nurses to develop the best service that they can for the children and young people that they look after.