Bereavement – how to break bad news
30 April @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Venue: Zoom (online) – seminar
Audience: Healthcare professionals, medical providers, and those with a responsibility for wellbeing.
At certain times we may be involved in breaking bad news or dealing with someone who is newly bereaved. This course looks at the process and support available that could be utilised to help during this period. The holder will learn skills to be able to empathise with and manage the ongoing wellbeing of the affected person. The session will teach delegates how to have sensitive conversations that may well impact on how the affected person deal with their situation or loss.
Training topics will include:
- Setting the scene and preparing for the conversation
- Communication skills
- How does a patient feel?
- Role play – a variety of scenarios will be utilised to reflect the candidates’ backgrounds on the day
- To have an awareness of the impact of bad news
- To have techniques to deal with conversations sensitively and kindly
- To have practised delivering bad news
- HIEDA Member Rate: £110
- Non-member Rate: £220*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.