- This event has passed.
26 February @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: Zoom (online) – webinar
Audience School Nurses, Matrons, Pastoral Staff, Houseparents
Dental hygiene is often neglected by youngsters and may be picked up too late to prevent infections and preventable dental treatment. This webinar considers strategies to encourage good dental hygiene routines in young people, especially in the boarding environment.
Training topics will include:
- Possible outcomes due to poor dental hygiene
- Strategies to support young people in developing good dental hygiene habits
- Supporting young people to have regular dental check-ups.
- Understanding the importance of healthy teeth
- Understanding the implications of poor dental hygiene
- Developing strategies to support young people with dental care.
- HIEDA Member Rate: £65
- HIEDA Additional Full Member Fee: £30
- Non-member Rate: £130*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.
Rhiannon Jones, President Elect for the British Society for Dental Hygiene and Therapy
Rhiannon is a qualified as a dental hygienist and a dental therapist and has over 25 years experience in dentistry. She has worked in varied backgrounds from general practice to secondary and specialist care in hospitals. She was a clinical lecturer and supervisor for many years teaching and assessing undergraduates throughout their programmes of study. She is as passionate now as she ever was with regards to prevention and this remains her priority in all care provided. She is currently President Elect for the British Society for Dental Hygiene and Therapy and looks forward to taking the reins in November 2024.