- This event has passed.
Combined Emergency First Aid at Work
10th February 2023 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Date: 10 February 2023
- Time: 09:00 – 16:00
- Venue: The Cobham Curve
- Those caring for adults or children who have a first aid responsibility
- Those who have an Ofsted/HSE requirement for first aid provision
- Those who have never completed a first aid certificate before.
New Combined First Aid Qualification
QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
This course is approved by Qualsafe Awards an Ofqual recognised awarding organisation. The course covers the practical skills needed by first aiders to competently deal with situations that require a high level of first aid or where there are responsible for people who have existing medical conditions. This course certifies the holder as a first aider for 3 years.
There is a maximum of 12 candidates per course. This is an open course; however, courses can be booked at your venue on a date of your choice for just your staff. Contact us for details.
Training topics will include:
- Role of first aider
- Managing an emergency including after-care
- Basic life support for adults children and babies
- Choking in adults children and babies
- The recovery position and secondary survey
- Wound management and managing catastrophic bleeding
- Shock – including bleeding
- Health and safety regulations
- Treating the unconscious casualty
- First aid kits
- Use of the defibrillator
- Certified for three years with a Level 3 award in paediatric or emergency First Aid at Work (QCF), which meets the requirements of the First Aid Health and Safety Regulations 1981
- To be able to preserve life, promote recovery and prevent situations from worsening
- To be able to assess manage and treat a wide range of accidents and illnesses.
Jane Graham, Director, Hieda
Trained at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, Jane has over 30 years of nursing background, Many of them in trauma and intensive care. Whilst in PICU, she had a number of different roles. Nine years of that included a role as a specialist retrieval nurse (CATS) that entailed travelling around the country to stabilise and bring back critically unstable children. To do this she learned advanced nursing and basic medical skills in resuscitation, all medical conditions, and trauma.
She went on to teach these skills to student nurses, qualified nurses and junior doctors as the Practice educator on intensive care. This role also involved lecturing regularly at South Bank University. She has been a DSL for Safeguarding at an independent boarding school where she was Lead Nurse. She is also an instructor for Qualsafe, an awarding body approved by the HSE. She is currently the director of Hieda and director of health and wellbeing for the BSA Group.
- Member Rate (individual): £80/ Non-member: £160*
- Member Rate (group of 12): Member £720/ Non-member: £1,440*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.