- This event has passed.
Medicines management training, including asthma and anaphylaxis
30th August 2023 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Date: 30 August 2023
- Time: 10:00 – 13:00
- Venue: Zoom (online)
- Healthcare professionals, medical providers and those with a responsibility for caring for medication administration in the education setting or workplace
Managing medicines is always important, but perhaps never more so than when you are managing medicines in support of a child or young person. This seminar will support delegates in gaining a better understanding of medicines in schools and the legalities behind the correct management of these.
In order to best safeguarding pupils and their health, it is important that boarding staff understand the guidance behind managing medicines in schools along with the different types of medicines and how they should be stored, documented and managed within the school setting safely. This is important to reduce the risk of poor management of medical conditions.
Training topics will include:
- Medication classifications – understanding the different medicines and medication that may be in school
- Legal issues – understanding the guidance and legal issues behind medicines management in school
- Storage of medicines – a closer look at how medicines should be stored in the Medical Centre and Boarding House
- Overseas medication – a look at medicines from abroad, trips and documents.
- To understand the law and legislation behind medicines management
- To understand the types of medications
- To feel confident in medications management and administration
- Member Rate: £100
- Non-member Rate: £200*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.
Rosie McManus RSCN, Dip HR (Child), BSc (Hons), MSc (Law), Head of Boarding, St John’s College School
Trained at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children Rosie came to school nursing in the independent sector 16 years ago. With a passion for boarding pastoral and health care Rosie has developed an interest in the understanding and development of the health needs of boarding school students. Passionate about the nurse’s role in the delivery of the PSHE curriculum, Rosie is currently the Head of Boarding at St John’s College School, she has a Masters in Medical Ethics and Law, is a NUCO trainer and has a keen interest in the development of the school nurse role.