Medical assessments – what, why and best practice
5 March @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Venue: Zoom (online) – day seminar
Audience: Healthcare professionals, school nurses, and healthcare assistants.
School Nurses provide advice and education on the health and wellbeing of a young person. Health care promotion and identification of ill health is part of the role. This course discusses the benefits of carrying out medical assessments of pupils in the school setting. The healthy child program 5-19 discusses the guidance outlined for those in education settings to support young people with their health and wellbeing, thus enabling them to take ownership of their own medical issues, stay healthy and develop a healthy lifestyle. This course reflects on how we can support this.
Training topics will include:
- Vision and hearing testing
- The practical aspects of medicals in the school setting
- History recording
- Health promotion.
- To establish how this service can be provided by your school
- To develop a knowledge of the importance of regular assessments
- To learn skills that allow you to assess the health and wellbeing of a young person.
- Member Rate: £155
- Non-member Rate: £310*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.