- This event has passed.
School Nurses’ Update Training
5 January @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Venue: Wycliffe School
Audience: Registered school nurses
This course aims to deliver and practice annual updates on a variety of topics to help nurses maintain their skills , revalidate and share the latest guidance and practices
Training topics will include:
- CPR and other first aid updates
- Changes to first aid training
- Infection control
- Sepsis including meningitis
- Asthma and anaphylaxis updates, skills and emergency care
- Wound care
- NMS discussion preparing for inspection
- To be updated in regularly used skills
- To network with other like-minded school nurses
- To obtain your mandatory training updates
- To discuss common issues within school nursing
- HIEDA Member Rate: £215
- Non-member Rate: £430*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.
Trainer: Emily Kane, Sister in Charge of Health Centre, Taunton School
Qualified as a Childrens’ Nurse in 1999, from the Queen’s University of Belfast. Worked in various fields of paediatric nursing including medical, surgical and A & E, in both Northern Ireland and England. Moved into independent school nursing 8 years ago firstly in a small co-ed prep school and now as Sister in Charge of the Health Centre at Taunton School, Somerset.