- This event has passed.
School Nurses’ Update Training
3 January @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Venue: Bradfield College, Berkshire
Audience: Registered school nurses
This course aims to deliver and practice annual updates on a variety of topics to help nurses maintain their skills , revalidate and share the latest guidance and practices
Training topics will include:
- CPR and other first aid updates
- Changes to first aid training
- Infection control
- Sepsis including meningitis
- Asthma and anaphylaxis updates, skills and emergency care
- Wound care
- NMS discussion preparing for inspection
- To be updated in regularly used skills
- To network with other like-minded school nurses
- To obtain your mandatory training updates
- To discuss common issues within school nursing
- HIEDA Member Rate: £215
- Non-member Rate: £430*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.
Trainer: Rosie McManus, Nurse Advisor, HIEDA
Rosie McManus RSCN, Dip HR (Child), BSc (Hons), MSc (Law), Nurse Advisor, HIEDA
Trained at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children Rosie came to school nursing in the independent sector 16 years ago. With a passion for boarding pastoral and health care Rosie has developed an interest in the understanding and development of the health needs of boarding school students. Passionate about the nurse’s role in the delivery of the PSHE curriculum, Rosie is currently the Head of Boarding at St John’s College School, she has a Masters in Medical Ethics and Law, is a NUCO trainer and has a keen interest in the development of the school nurse role.