Strategies to support positive mental health in boarding
30 August @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: Zoom (online) – webinar
Audience: School Nurses, Matrons, Boarding Staff
The expression “Mental Illness” covers a vast spectrum of causes and symptoms. Recent years have seen a significant increase in conditions particularly in young people. It is vital that staff involved in boarding can spot the signs early and also have the confidence to implement strategies which will support young people. This webinar aims to discuss the most common causes of mental illness, the signs to look out for and the steps to be taken to provide the necessary support.
Training topics will include:
- The causes of mental illness
- Common early signs of concern
- How to discuss your concerns with young people and parents
- Healthy coping strategies
- Strategies to support those suffering with mental illness.
- To understand the causes of mental illness in young people at various stages in their development.
- To learn how to identify the early signs of concern
- To be able to develop strategies for young people to develop healthy coping strategies
- HIEDA Member Rate: £65
- HIEDA Additional Full Member Fee: £30
- Non-member Rate: £130*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.