- This event has passed.
7th September 2023 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Audience: School Nurses, Matrons, Pastoral Staff, Houseparent
Suicide is a coping strategy for severe mental illness that is challenging to manage. Following the pandemic, awareness around suicide has increased and more provision is now in place to support those struggling. This seminar aims to address suicide, explore preventative measures and identify the supportive strategies which can be implemented to help those we feel are at risk.
Training topics will include:
- What is suicide
- What does suicide support look like
- Resources and Strategies to support
- Documentation and the process in the workplace.
- To understand and be knowledgeable about suicide
- To be knowledgeable of how to support a young person or team member
- To be able to advice and support others within the guidance.
- Member Rate: £110
- Non-member Rate: £220*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.
Speaker: George Peterkin, Managing Director of Mind Your Health
George Peterkin is the Managing Director of Mind Your Health, a company based in Surrey, UK and provides mental health and safeguarding-associated CPD to the educational sector. An accredited therapeutic counsellor, George combines his experiences as a therapist with his time as a teacher to give support to those working in the educational system.