- This event has passed.
Could you support student nurses in your school? An overview of what is involved
9th November 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Registered school nurses currently practicing in independent schools, able to support student nurse placements.
This webinar aims to talk about how an independent school is a valuable work placement for a student nurse. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, there has been an increase in applications to universities for nursing courses. There is also a drive to improve community health provision. School nurses are in short supply and it is difficult to get experience in this role when NHS school nurses are not based in one particular school. Independent schools, that have school nurses, are in a unique position to offer an experience in this setting that utilises and develops a wide range of skills. Whether it is mental health, first aid, care of the chronic medical condition, health promotion or administration of routine medications, the school setting would enable a student to understand the important role school nurses can provide in the emotional wellbeing, physical health, growth and development of a child.
- What a school needs to do or have in order to provide placements for student nurses
- How the placement system would work in practice
- Case study from a school that currently supports student nurse placements.
- Understanding of what is involved in having university student nurses in the school setting
- To be able to put together a proposal for supporting student nurses in your setting.
- Member rate: £60 (additional attendee: £15)
- Non-member rate: £120*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.