About the job
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about improving mental health services to lead our Wellbeing and Community Services. As Head of Wellbeing and Community Services, you will be accountable for the day-to-day operational delivery of our high performing, efficient and cost-effective community-based services.
We pride ourselves on our Wellbeing and Community Services helping over 1,000 people each year get back into work, education, or increase meaningful activity. We help people to rebuild their social support networks and develop friendships. We stick by them to ‘navigate’ through the sometimes complex health and social care system, using our knowledge of what’s out there to link people in. We are here so nobody struggles alone. Our services include – but are not limited to – Employment, Peer Support, Recovery College, Social Prescribing, Groups and Direct payments.
You will lead an exceptional team to deliver safe and effective services, to support the people we care for. You will carry considerable responsibility in ensuring that the service continually develops and has strong relationships with commissioners and other system partners.
We would love to hear from you if you possess the following:
- An energetic, passionate, values driven self-starter who will relish a working environment which is focussed on operational excellence.
- Experience in a senior level operational leadership role within MH services.
- Proven track record of leading a high performing team to achieve against performance targets, whilst also ensuring individuals are engaged and motivated
- Proven ability to build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders and commissioners and ability to negotiate effectively, and to influence at all levels
- A proven track record within a change-led organisation and be capable of ensuring the highest level of patient care through continual change management.
- Commercially astute, financially literate, and able to show good commercial judgment.
- A commitment to and evidence of displaying our organisational Values of Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence.
- It is desirable, not essential, that you also have a management qualification and previous leadership experience of managing a P&L.
What we offer in return
We are proud to have been recognised and certified as a Great Place to Work, which speaks volumes on how much we value our staff members. In return for the hard work and dedication from our teams, we offer the following benefits:
- 30 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (rising to 32 days at 5 years’ service) and with the option to purchase or sell days.
- Enhanced Pension
- Refer a Friend payment, Cycle to Work & Enhanced Car schemes
- Vitality Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistant Programme, GP & priority Physiotherapy access and shopping discounts.
- Fully funded flu vaccines & eye tests
- Technology salary sacrifice scheme for home appliances, tablets, mobiles, TV’s, fitness trackers and more.
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance including agile working and the option to apply for flexible working from day one, career breaks, and up to a week’s special leave a year to help you manage unexpected life events.
- Family friendly policies including Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Volunteer Programme
- Enhanced Life Assurance Scheme
Closing date 11.59pm on Sunday 27th March
No Agencies please.
For more information, or to apply, please click here.