British Safety Council are seeking a Head of Wellbeing to lead and deliver our wellbeing programme ‘Being Well Together (BWT)’ and to champion wellbeing within the organisation. For over sixty years we have made workplaces across the world safer, healthier and more sustainable and this year, through our “Being Well Together” programme, we can deliver an integrated approach to Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
Although we are a not-for-profit organisation undertaking extensive charitable work, we do not fundraise, nor do we receive any Government grants. Therefore, the provision of our products and services are critical to our success. These include training, digital learning, publications, audit, consultancy, awards, events, and now our new programme Being Well Together. At our heart, we are a membership organisation with over 3,500 corporate members in over 59 countries.
The Head of Wellbeing is a new role. The successful applicant will provide strategic leadership and management of the programme, working closely with our sister mental health charity, Mates in Mind. The new post-holder will have experience in designing, developing, and delivering first-class wellbeing products and services. This is a critical role within our Senior Management team driving our aspiration and mission that ‘no-one should be injured or made ill through their work’.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate individual to join the team and take further innovative initiatives to provide much-needed support to place wellbeing at the heart of employer’s strategy after such a very challenging time.
The ideal candidate will have
- Real passion and commitment to safeguarding employees’ wellbeing at the workplace
- Demonstrable knowledge and ability to develop, design and deliver wellbeing products and services in an evolving market
- Proven experience operating in a senior managerial capacity with sound knowledge of relevant legislation and best practice within the wellbeing sector
- Significant experience leading a wellbeing function within a complex and challenging environment
- Excellent knowledge of the range and type of wellbeing products and interventions available
- A track record of managing successful partnerships and networks across a wide range of organisations and stakeholders
- Experience motivating a small team to make a significant impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in both income generation and budget management to ensure the programme is affordable and cost-effective
- The ability to stay one step ahead of industry trends and focus on becoming an expert and industry leader within wellbeing
- 25 days annual leave per annum.
- Health cash plan benefit from day one
- Private medical and dental cover on completion of the probationary period
- Interest–free loan to purchase a season ticket, cycle and fitness equipment.
- Cycle-to-work/leisure scheme.