About the job
Vacancy: Health and Wellbeing Facilitator
Closing Date: Midnight, Wednesday 23rd February
Interview Date: Thursday 3rd March
About Newport City Homes:
At Newport City Homes we are passionate about providing quality housing services for all our residents. We are a values led association which strives for excellence in everything we do. We listen, learn, improve, and most of all, deliver to our communities.
About the vacancy:
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and you will work with customers at 55+ schemes, the surrounding community and external agencies to deliver our commitment to creating healthy and active communities that promote independent living. You will facilitate the provision of health & wellbeing activities at 55+ schemes to ensure that customers benefit from their home, surrounding environment, have the ability and choice to socialise, stay active and healthy, and have access to information, advice and support to maintain their independence.
Specifically the Health and Wellbeing Facilitator will:
- In partnership with community development colleagues, you will work on thematic projects within the health and wellbeing agenda that promote independent living for our customers
- Support and assist in the delivery of a rounded programme of activities and events across all 55+ schemes that accommodate a range of interests and help to address wider social issues such as loneliness, isolation and tenancy sustainability.
- Support communities to apply for relevant funding for health and wellbeing initiatives
- Support customers to apply for relevant aids and adaptations that promote independent living and good lifestyle choices
- Act upon safeguarding concerns immediately and in compliance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
(Please refer to the attached role profile for more information.)
For further information about the role, please contact Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
We require an application form to be completed for every role, we cannot accept CVs sent via email.
Your NCH, our comprehensive benefits package:
We believe NCH is a great place to work and it’s important to us that our people feel the same way.
As well as offering varied and fulfilling careers, we want every colleague to feel appreciated.
That means having the best possible benefits package, the flexibility to maintain a great work-life balance and the opportunity to achieve your full potential.
Enhanced Pension Scheme:
We operate two pension schemes, one with Now Pensions, and one with the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). Now Pensions is a defined contribution pension scheme. LGPS is a defined benefit pension scheme with generous employer contribution values. You may be able to transfer in any other pension you have within your first year of service.
Enhanced Annual Leave:
You’ll start on 25 days annual leave (+ Bank Holidays) which would increase to 30 days following 3 years’ service.
Agile Working Policy (dependent on role):
NCH work with the philosophy that ‘work is something you do rather than somewhere you go.’
Health and Wellbeing:
We have many health and wellbeing policies and initiatives such as Cycle to Work, Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption and Sick leave and a sabbatical leave policy.
We offer many professional and personal development options such as paying for professional membership, sponsored study opportunities and career progression and development.
NCH strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
For more information, or to apply, please click here.