The BSA Group is looking for an experienced immigration/safeguarding solicitor to join its expanding team and establish a new legal service for its members.
The BSA Group
The BSA Group is the trading name of The BSA Group Services Ltd, based in Queen Anne’s Gate, London., comprising:
• BAISIS (British Association of Independent Schools with International Students) representing 114 members
• BSA (Boarding Schools’ Association) representing 619 members in 39 countries
• HIEDA (Health in Education Association) launched July 2021
• SACPA (Safeguarding and Child Protection Association) representing 450 members in 27 countries
• TIOB (The Institute of Boarding) launched June 2022
• and its subsidiary, BSA Legal Services Ltd.
We offer a broad range of services to members including:
• Professional development
• CPD, events and conferences
• Guidance, advice and lobbying
• Marketing and promotion
• Professional accreditation
• Certified agents and guardians
BSA Group is looking to start offering legal services to customers, specifically immigration support to BSA and BAISIS members and safeguarding support, to nonschool members of SACPA.
Immigration work for schools will include supporting Student, Child Student and Skilled Worker visa applications, guidance and advice, and safeguarding support for non-school customers could cover all aspects of safeguarding and child protection.
The ideal candidate for this role would:
• Proven track record in delivering expert immigration and/or safeguarding legal
advice to clients, whilst working independently on your own caseload
• Be a qualified, practicing lawyer registered with the SRA
• Have at least 5 years’ experience in immigration or safeguarding, or both
• Be prepared to establish and deliver a new legal service, with admin support
• Have good communication and networking skills
• Understand member service delivery and business operations
• Offer in-house legal advice to BSA Group
• Provide five hours per week pro bono advice/35 hours fee work to BSA Group
• Be comfortable working remotely or in the office or travelling when required.
• Confident and proficient user of IT, including Microsoft packages, Xero (or a
similar package), Salesforce (or a similar package) and Zoom
• Good telephone manner and communication skills
• Produce accurate and efficient written and numerical work of the highest
standard and quality
• Professionalism represent the BSA Group in a professional manner to all parties
including members, enquirers and the general public
• Prioritise effectively, manage one’s own workload, comprising of many deadlines
• Work as part of a team with minimum supervision.
Salary and benefits
£DOE. 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, three days at Christmas and your birthday off. 10% pension contribution and cycle to work scheme.
A team of 20, our staff work remotely, and we are looking for an enthusiastic, wellorganised team player to support the work of the BSA Group and complement our dynamic, ambitious team. Our head office is based in London, but this role is remote so can be located anywhere in the UK provided the post holder is willing to travel for meetings etc. as required. Out of hours work will be required from time to time.
We put life and family at the heart of what we do and as such, flexible working requests, will be considered.
The BSA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BSA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nondisqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com. If you would like an informal conversation about the role, please email us to arrange a time.
No agencies please.
This job description is intended as a guide to the general duties and responsibilities of this post, which reasonably
may vary from time to time according to the needs of the BSA Group. It does not form part of the terms and
conditions of employment.
The BSA Group
BSA Group comprises BAISIS (British Association of Independent Schools with International Students), BSA (Boarding Schools’ Association), HIEDA (Health in Education Association), SACPA (Safeguarding and Child Protection Association), TIOB (The Insitute of Boarding) and its subsibdary BSA Group Legal Services Ltd. BSA Group’s mission is to support excellence in boarding, safeguarding, inclusion and health education. BSA Group delivers services for more than 1,000 organisations and individuals in 39 countries worldwide.
British Association of Independent Schools with International Students
The British Association of Independent Schools with International Students (BAISIS) defines and shares best practice in academic and pastoral provision for international students in independent schools globally. Founded in 1997, the association offers a supportive network, termly meetings, CPD sessions and one- and two-day certificated courses for teachers of international students and other staff involved in their care.
Boarding Schools’ Association
The Boarding Schools’ Association (BSA) is the largest membership association for boarding schools in the world. Founded in 1965, the BSA represents over 500 independent and state boarding schools in the UK, and more than 100 in over 37 countries overseas. The BSA mission is to champion boarding excellence and deliver boarding support worldwide.
Health in Education Association
The Heath in Education Association (HIEDA) launched in July 2021 with a mission is to champion health in education excellence. Hieda provides training and education on a wide variety of medical issues, delivered by healthcare professionals who are experts in their field.
Safeguarding and Child Protection Association
The Safeguarding and Child Protection Association (SACPA) champions excellence in safeguarding and child protection. Sacpa is the voice of safeguarding, providing a channel to government and other key agencies. The association represents organisations, associations, agencies and individuals involved in safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults in the UK and overseas. The association formally launched in January 2020 and is growing rapidly.
The Institute of Boarding
The Institute of Boarding (TIOB) was launched in June 2022 as the world’s first professional association for boarding school staff. TIOB’s mission is to ‘support excellence for professional boarding staff’. For anyone working in boarding schools, retired from a boarding role, thinking about a job in boarding, or just interested in boarding schools generally, TIOB is the dedicated association for you.