City of London School is seeking a registered nurse (RN Child) either on part 8 or 15 of the NMC register with relevant post-registration experience or on part 1 (RN Adult) to join our friendly and welcoming team and to support the existing nurse in providing a clinically effective, efficient and high-quality service in our Medical Centre. The Lead School Nurse role is part of a wider pastoral and First aid Team, including a Sports Therapist, and an integral part of the school.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with children of all ages, demonstrating a patient-focused approach with a strong understanding of pastoral wellbeing. Passionate for supporting the physical and emotional wellbeing of all pupils, ensuring the Medical Centre is a welcoming space. The successful candidate will be an approachable, welcoming, and social person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills particularly when communicating with children. They will manage the daily running of the Medical Centre to ensure a clinically effective, high-quality service of nursing care is provided for all members of the school community, and ensuring the continued development of the school’s medical provision, work with and lead the medical team offering guidance and training to encourage best practice in promoting the physical health and emotional wellbeing of the pupils.
Benefits of Working at CLS
- A commitment to staff training and development opportunities with regular staff appraisals to reflect on professional development.
- Staff INSET days each term, delivering high-quality seminars catered to both support and academic staff.
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides caring, compassionate, and confidential advice on personal and professional concerns.
- Free yearly flu vaccinations.
- Access and use of sports facilities including the swimming pool and football pitches during school holidays and agreed times.
- Weekly staff gym circuits, running club and staff football sessions.
- Corporate gym discount with Anytime Fitness.
- Access to sports therapy consultations, advise and referrals for all staff.
- Free fruit, biscuits, tea, and coffee breaks during term-time.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Access to discounts at popular retailers including a Cheapside Card for local discounts within the Square mile.
- Automatic enrolment into the LGPS pension scheme.
Interview Date: Friday 13 August 2021, times to be confirmed to the successful candidate.
How to apply: Please visit our job portal via https://jobs.cityoflondon.gov.uk/
City of London School is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
City of London School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and requires the same commitment from all their staff.
Appointments are subject to satisfactory references, the receipt of an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate, medical clearance, confirmation of the right to work in the UK and overseas police checks where necessary. The schools undertake further checks as necessary including prohibition from teaching and management checks. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
City of London School provided pay range
This range is provided by City of London School. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.