The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality multi-professional learning environments within the Trust and will be required to work locally within services where inter-professional learning opportunities can be promoted. The post holder will be required to support the breadth of the student experience, which may require cross boundary working.
Main duties of the job
37.5 Hours per week
Are you interested in education?
We are looking to recruit a practice educator facilitator(PEF) to join our established PEF team. The team of 10 staff work across our three sites providing support to non medical learners within the organisation . We encourage applicants from all professions who are registered with the HCPC or the NMC.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate and enthusiastic about delivering high quality professional development for both pre and post registration learners. The post holder will have excellent communication organisational skills and leadership skills to support learners and lead on projects within the team .
Working for our organisation
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
In its most recent inspection, the Care Quality Commission gave the Trust an overall rating of Good.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Key requirements include:
- Assessing the quality of a range of practice learning environments, determining interventions to sustain and enhance practice education; ensuring all service areas have an up to date action plan in place.
- Developing, co-coordinating, evaluating and implementing education programmes with Higher Education/relevant training provider partners
- Lead on the structuring, design and delivery of inter-professional learning opportunities in practice for healthcare students and practice supervisors/assessors, within the Trust.
- Prepare and support practice supervisors/assessors and staff/students to perform educational audits/ self assessments and support practice supervisors/assessors in the delivery of education action plans.
- Provide best practice advice in a clinical setting for practice supervisors/assessors and staff in relation to education in practice.
- Develop a process to inform and enable ‘shared evidence’ and format to enhance the responsiveness and delivery of a single Quality Assurance process.
- Collaborate with key partners to ensure academic rigor in practice learning is maintained; learning outcomes can be met, and are aligned with Service reconfigurations.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving own professional knowledge and competence, and that of staff, practice supervisors/assessors in practice.
- Report writing including internal quality assurance and external monitoring.
- 1 st level degree or equivalent1 st level degree or equivalent
- Professional qualification, to a minimum of degree level, with up to date professional registration or equivalent
- Masters degree or equivalent
- European Computer Driving License
- Extensive experience of teaching, supervising and assessing healthcare students in the practice setting
- Demonstrable broad range of previous post qualifying clinical experienc
- Experience of having worked across professional and organizational boundaries
- Practical experience of facilitating change
- Experience of staff management/staff supervisio
- Experience of developing and implementing new systems and procedures
- Knowledge and experience of the private, voluntary and independent sector
- Knowledge of different methods/ styles for teaching and learning
- Detailed understanding of curriculum development including the generation of learning outcomes
- Detailed understanding of a range of regulatory body requirements
- In depth knowledge of Quality Assurance principles and framework
- Working knowledge of Inter-professional learning theory
- Specialist knowledge of education in practice at Masters level equivalent eg mentorship module at Masters lev
- Understanding of quality improvement methodology and outcome measurement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills able to engage and build effective relationships at all levels in stakeholder organisatiom
- Ability to present to large groups of people
- Ability to teach and facilitate in a variety of settings with different groups of staff
- Able to plan, implement and evaluate education programmes
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent time management skills/ Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Microsoft office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Ability to work without supervision and use own initiative
- Ability to work flexibly and manage competing priorities
- Consistently high attention to detail and quality of work
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Adaptable to meet differing learning styles/ preferences
- Ability to write evidence based reports
- Ability to supervise staff on a day to day basis
- Ability to establish and maintain good working E Jan 2021 relationships with people from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds
- Willingness to work across organisation boundaries