Wellness & Belonging Manager (Diversity, Inclusion & Wellbeing)
Nuneaton/Remote with occasional travel to our London Head Office
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
‘Shaping a culture of wellness and belonging, so H&B is a place our colleagues thrive.’
Health and wellness are what we’re all about a H&B, and it feeling that way every day our colleagues come to work is essential for them to thrive and be epic. You’ll work as part of the Engagement and Culture Development (E&CD) team (reporting to the Director of E&CD). You’ll take responsibility for leading, shaping and delivering our wellness and belonging strategy, encompassing all aspects of diversity, equality, inclusion, belonging (DEIB), and emotional, environmental, financial, mental, physical, and social wellbeing. This role is about helping shape how it feels to work at H&B every day; it’s about leading substantial, sustained action.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic, strategically minded and pragmatic subject matter expert with experience in designing wellness and belonging initiatives and implementing these effectively. You’ll be able to bring the latest thinking around DEIB and wellbeing to drive our approach and agenda. Experience in working with leaders to educate and raise awareness of the DEIB and wellbeing agenda and providing thought leadership and guidance, along with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders internally and externally to ensure the best possible outcomes, is necessary for this position.
- Defining the vision for Wellness and Belonging at H&B and the supporting strategy and activity to align with our business strategy, EPIC values and how we lead
- Responsibility for prioritising and focussing our strategic wellness and belonging activity to ensure we have clear, measurable year on year plans
- Defining reporting tools, that keep the H&B Exec informed of our progress against our wellness and belonging strategy and engaging them as active leaders of a culture of wellness and belonging
- Driving organisational change, using your DEIB and wellness expertise by ensuring we have policies and processes to drive a sense of belonging, diversity of thinking across the organisation and a culture of wellness
- Collaborating with teams across the business to take the necessary action to deliver the wellness and belonging strategy, using our internal and third-party expertise
- Working closely with the HR, L&D and Engagement and Internal Communications teams to embed our approach to wellness and belonging and make it real in all we do
- Responsibility for measurement and insight around our activity, using HR MI and VOICE engagement survey data to drive action.
- Leading the conversation around wellness and belonging, engaging with leaders and colleagues to build awareness and appreciation of difference and celebrating it.
- Setting up and, where appropriate leading communities across the business to connect colleagues and engage with them to continue to evolve our approach to wellness and inclusion.
- Collaborating with the wider HR teams, you’ll ensure we’re doing all we can so that everyday colleagues feel cared for and valued and that our leaders live our inclusive and caring values.
- Working with the various internal networks across the business to gather insight and review proposed plans, including but not limited to Managers in Action and our Colleague Engagement Forum.
- Working with the Engagement and Internal Communications team, you’ll find opportunities to create business-wide engagement around our wellness and belonging agenda.
- Identifying and creating opportunities to utilise existing partnerships and services to make working at Holland & Barrett a unique experience for wellness and belonging.
- Aligning with our global HR teams to build approaches that will work internationally and help create an engaged international community.
- Working with our PR and Social teams, you’ll find appropriate opportunities to talk about our wellness and belonging activity externally and share stories of the positive cultural impact of our approach.
- Managing our Employee Assistance Programme provision and working in conjunction with our Reward Team to ensure we provide a balance of wellness benefits and, importantly, promote them to colleagues.
- An understanding and appreciation of cultural nuances to be considered when engaging multi-site remote colleagues.
- Experience with setting up and or co-ordination of community/affinity groups
- Credible and engaging, able to form strong relationships with leaders, senior managers and experts across the organisation
- Able to network internally and externally with strong change management, stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- Adaptable and resilient as the role operates in a changing environment with a high work volume
- Exposure to or understanding of colleague engagement measurement and action
- Language capability would be advantageous
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
For more information, or to apply, please click here.