Hieda webinar – Asthma and Anaphylaxis Update
4 November @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Date: 4 November
- Time: 13:00 – 14:00pm
- Venue: Zoom (online)
- Healthcare professionals, medical providers, and those with a responsibility for caring for a person with these chronic medical conditions in an educational setting or workplace.
This course is designed to inform and educate people who are supporting others with their asthma and or anaphylaxis either in the education setting or in the workplace. It presents an overview on asthma and current guidelines, management, and assessment skills.
Training topics will include:
- The practicalities of care in the workplace
- Latest anaphylaxis and Asthma management
- Medications including generic AAI’s & Inhalers
- To have an awareness of treatment and management including inhaler techniques
- To be able to assess and manage an asthma or anaphylactic attack
- To be aware of new governance
Becca Batt, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, The Evelina London Children’s Hospital
Rebecca qualified as an RGN/RSCN in 1993 from Sheffield School of Nursing. She spent ten years working in Paediatric Intensive Care at Great Ormond Street and Toronto Sick Children’s Hospital. She gained a BSc (Hons) from London South Bank University in Paediatric Intensive Care Nursing in 2004. She was a Practice Educator at GOSH before starting as a Nurse Specialist at Asthma UK. This led to an interest in Paediatric Allergy and she began her career in allergy in 2007 when she became a Paediatric Allergy Clinical Nurse Specialist at King’s College Hospital. She gained the MSc in Allergy from Imperial College, London in 2011 with Distinction. She is now an Advanced Nurse Practitioner at The Evelina London Children’s Hospital and is also a Non-Medical Prescriber.
Rebecca is the Senior Clinical Lead for the nursing team and regularly speaks at national study events and conferences. She lectures at LSBU on the Advanced Nurse Practitioner Pathway and the Non-Medical Prescribing Course and on the Allergy MSc at Imperial College, London. She is a Course Director for the Allergy Academy and organises national study events for allergy healthcare professionals across the country.
- Member rate: £60
- Additional Member Delegate Fee: £20
- Non-member rate: £120*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.