- This event has passed.
Sacpa/Hieda webinar – Delivering quality reflective supervision
4th November 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Date: Friday 4th November
- Time: 10:00 – 11:00
- Venue: Zoom (online)
- School Nurses & other Medical Personnel
- Safeguarding Leads (all sectors)
- Children’s Services and Adult Services Practitioners, Team Leaders and Managers delivering reflective supervision
- Pastoral, Behaviour and SEND support managers delivering reflective supervision
- Any practitioners looking to develop their knowledge and skills in delivery of reflective safeguarding supervision
This webinar explores what high quality reflective supervision looks like
Training topics will include:
- explores why safeguarding supervision is so important in maintaining a healthy safeguarding culture
- identifies relevant statutory, regulatory and practice frameworks that detail what high quality supervision looks like
- outlines key supervision theories and models recommended for a range of disciplines
- links between safeguarding supervision and appraisal, professional revalidation, resolution, support, and ongoing assessment of suitability for positions of trust
- highlights some key values and practical concerns for those delivering safeguarding supervision.
- increase their knowledge and understanding of the links between high quality safeguarding supervision, safer organisational culture, appraisal, development,
- increase their knowledge and understanding of the links between high quality safeguarding supervision, safer organisational culture, appraisal, development, professional revalidation
- be able to refer to key frameworks for regulation and best practice and supervisee discipline for safeguarding supervision
- review and identify which models of safeguarding supervision best meet the needs of their supervisee and organisation
- have the opportunity to reflect on practical matters concerned in the delivery of safeguarding supervision and inform their own work plans accordingly.
Trainer: Jane Bee PGCCP, BSc(Hons)Psych, DipH&SW
Jane has worked in Safeguarding and Child Protection for 20 years and was the manager for Safeguarding in Education for a large Local Authority. Jane is experienced in delivering training on all kinds of safeguarding subjects including; Child Protection administration and record keeping, Allegations Management, the Prevent agenda (Home Office Accredited) and Safer recruitment (NCTL accredited). Jane currently chair the SW Safeguarding in Education Group.
Jane has worked managing allegations of abuse against members of staff and volunteers and was a Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) for 12 years. Jane was elected the first National LADO Network Chair in 2016.
Jane is an accredited Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) lead reviewer for Serious Case Reviews and also works with charities, foster care agencies and religious groups undertaking reviews, investigations and audits.
Jane offers Professional Reflective Supervision for those with a lead in safeguarding within their role.
Jane has a Post Graduate Certificate in Child Protection, a 1st Class Honours Degree in Psychology and a Diploma in Health and Social Welfare. Jane also holds a Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling, all of which Jane draw on within her work.
Jane has been the Director of Jane Bee Safeguarding Ltd for 3.5 years and carry out a wide range of safeguarding work across the country.
- Member Rate: £60
- Non-member Rate: £120*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Hieda CPD and events, please click here.